Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Using Memes: Classroom Rules Edition

Hilarious. Ubiquitous. Perfection. 


Memes are fascinating for some unexplainable reason. I Other people spend hours combing through the interweb to find funnier and better memes. That's why there are about 17,000 different meme generators out there. 

I wanted to try them out and I thought what better way to use memes in my classroom than with the silly rules I make up each each year. So, I hopped on to a meme generator and in about ten minutes I had nine perfect memes. There was only one problem. I couldn't print them out because the images were just too little. I did some more googling, found another meme maker to no avail. There is nothing out there that just pops out memes in high resolution for teachers to print out. (WHY NOT INTERNET??) I thought about buying them, but then I would have to buy less for two reasons: #1 I don't have the wall space for nine posters, and remember how I'm a teacher? #2 I don't have the pocketbook for that kind of project.  

I had to take another road. My ten minute project turned into a four hour monster of a task, but I did it. I will save you the drama and heartache I had to undergo and skip to the "It is finished" part. 

Here are a few of my masterpieces:


 














Not too shabby, if I do say so myself. (And I do.) If you want all of the images, you can purchase them here as pdf files. There are rules for talking, make up work, texting, lining up at the door (we don't do that because we are in high school), tardiness, name on paper, cheating, participating, and extra credit. I know what you are thinking: that's so many rules... what would Harry Wong say? I would say, Mr. Wong, they are cute and funny and totes adorbs, so I can have nine. 


If you'd rather make your own... then I wish you all the luck in the world. Just a quick note: a glass of wine might be a good idea.   

Happy teaching!!

No comments:

Post a Comment